We often say it, but this time I really mean it: WHAT A YEAR. I say that with a heavy heart, a happy heart and all with the knowing that everything was for the best.
I have written 140 blog posts (with 12 days to go!), and experienced, well…you’ll see…I’ve found my most significant and popular posts, with a few other tid-bits from the year in between.
Do you take a look back at your year? How do you do it? This is the first time I’ve written it down to look at…a great review. I encourage you to do the same!
Most popular posts this year:
Change for the better – dealing with my severe bullying in high school
Finding peace with Joan Steffend – an interview with my incredible, peace-seeking mama (and former HGTV host!)
Weekend in Chicago to-do list – an overview of what my sister and I did together in the great city of Chicago
——-Other significant posts broken down month-by-month——-
- Why I started the Turquoise Heart and how I viewed 2012 as the time to believe, speak your truth and follow your heart
- I took my first solo trip to the southwest, New Mexico and Northern Arizona, here is my travel diary. And, here are 20 travel tips for those thinking of going on a solo trip!
- The wisdom that remains — my sweet grandma Hanky was diagnosed with alzheimer’s disease this year. Even though she doesn’t recognize me, she still has amazing wisdom to share.
- I decided I’m never going to work again — find out why!
- How a stranger opened my heart to compassion — a tender story about the power of kindness, this time between a little bunny and a stranger I met on a walk, makes me gooey inside just thinking about it.
- Poor little Frankie was attacked while we were on one of our daily walks. We both suffered a bit of PTSD, here is our story.
- I began to find my inner zen — I started meditating! Here is a list of 10 tips for meditation rookies (like me!)
- I was published in tiny buddha! My story about bullying, Speaking up when you’re bullied: In school and beyond was an amazing way to heal the pain from my past hurt.
- I ran my very first 5K!
- I love this breathing room about blessing yourself — a sweet little poem that will make your heart feel whole.
- I traveled with my sister (another fun sister trip!) to, well, umm…probably my favorite place in the world, the Black Hills of South Dakota! Check out my favorite 16 things to see, eat, do in the Black Hills!
- I made these verde chicken enchiladas I don’t even know how many times this summer — you will find more recharge recipes here!
- My husband, Bryan and I made our annual trip out west, this year we choose to visit the Glacier National Park region in Montana — it is truly magical. Here are some of my tips if you’re traveling to the great state of Montana!
- I’m kind of a rule breaker — so I found a new motto — buck the rules! Are you ready to let go of the reins too?
- I experienced a miscarriage this month and also lost my sweet Grandma Ruth. Guggums (as I called her as a baby) was (still is) so special to me, so I wrote her a little tribute: To Grandma, with love.
- After a hard August, I wanted to find more happiness in the little things in life. Enter: Being blissful about the not so little things.
- I started talking more about my love for astrology…and something most people can relate to, Saturn Return, a phenomenon that happens to us two to three times in our lives!
- I learned that adapting to the pace of nature puts everything into perspective
- If you’re going through a hard time, keep going and do not shut down. There is always more to gain!
- I am beginning to make peace with my body and body image. Do you need a little help too? Or maybe a laugh?
- The Newton, CT school shooting has affected us all. Here are some of my thoughts on how to honor the feelings in your heart.
I also want to genuinely say thank you for being a part of my blog. I have nothing but warm feelings and kind thoughts for all of you being here. You have helped me on my journey of finding myself…more this year than I have ever experienced in my life. This has been a year of metamorphosis and I am happy to have shared it all with you. Now…I can’t imagine what amazing things I will find in 2013!
If you haven’t already, I would love to connect with you on my Facebook page, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram @theturquoiseheart! Don’t be shy about commenting or starting a conversation, I would be THRILLED to chat with you!