OK…this really is the best way to remember your weekend…blog it!
Without further ado, my weekend warrior list!
F R I D A Y + S A T U R D A Y
- My favorite color combo in the spring and summer: the green of the new leaves meeting the blue of the basking sky! Nature’s art therapy!
- I spent Friday night in with the husband, lit some candles, and just curled up in bed. Sometimes Friday’s are best spent relaxing…it’s all about listening to that inner guidance that says: “Stop. No more doing.”
- I caught Frank giving me the stink eye about eating too many ginger snaps. But I think he was just jealous because I wasn’t sharing 🙂
- I tried making a grilled Ceasar salad for the first time this weekend! Pretty tasty, but be careful how much oil and lemon juice you put on before the grill…it wilts easily!
- There was also a ton of overdue spring cleaning I partook in. Once I get started, I love the feeling of clearing out the old to make room for the new. I didn’t plan on going through old papers and documents though, but I am glad I did. Back in an old file folder from high school (was I the only 17 year-old with a file folder!?), I found a Christmas card from my Grandma who passed away last August:
The word always underlined really grabbed at my heart. I was meant to come across this today. She is here with me. Always. There are opportunities for magic and miracles all around us all the time. I am so glad I didn’t put off my spring cleaning! I just love my dear Grandma!
S U N D A Y
- Mother’s Day was a great day. I was a little scared at how I would feel at first, but I enjoyed so much uplifting family time it made everything feel bubble wrapped in love.
- I got to snuggle my sister’s puggle Louie!
- …who also got to run full speed with my Frankie!
- Brunch on the patio at my parent’s home tasted even better because we were outside!
- Even though we had a teeny grease fire incident from the bacon! The house is still standing so that’s good news.
- I even got a yummy cake from my mom to celebrate me and all the moms out there who have lost a child — my mom is the best!
- We ended the night with a family game of Catchphrase. I love that stinkin’ game. So hilarious. And apparently I thought that humans emitted hydrogen in the heat of the moment. Yeah. I see my mistake.
Now you tell me what did you do this weekend! Go ahead, share!