It was a sad day when my totally adorable beehive blender broke.
I ended up waiting a few weeks to get a new one, and after some research, I decided to purchase Cuisinart’s SPB-600 SmartPower blender — I love it — this gal needs a machine with plenty of power!
My first project was a new smoothie recipe. It is a hybrid of a few others I make on a regular basis, so, here goes!
- 1 ½ cups Greek yogurt (any brand, any fat content of your choice…I use 2%)
- 2 heaping handfuls spinach (I prefer organic)
- 1/2 pint (tub) strawberries (again, I prefer organic, halved)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons raw unsalted almond butter (if you prefer, you can use peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (adds a gritty texture, omit if you want a smoother smoothie!)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- For a kiss of sweetness, add 1 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey if you prefer)
This smoothie is filled with antioxidants, protein, calcium, fiber, and tons of energy-boosting properties — amazing for achieving that “recharged” feeling!
Have you ever tried spinach in a smoothie? I wasn’t sure if I could handle the taste, even though I love my greens, but honestly, you barely notice that it’s even in there! It’s a great way to sneak in some extra veggies in your diet without really trying!
What is your favorite smoothie recipe?
I would love to give it a whirl…after all, I have to break in my new blender!