Spring is almost here. One of my favorite times of year…birds chirping, the rays of the sun gaining strength, the smell of snow melting and feeling renewed.
Well, not this year in Minnesota.
The last two years have hosted temperatures in the 70s and 80s…a treat in March. Us tundra-dwellers came to expect that mini-miracle.
I’m kind of in a funny place with how I feel about the “lack of spring” if you want to call it that.
Here is some of the icky stuff I’ve been experiencing/feeling:
- Temperatures way below our average high of 40°+
- Wind so strong and biting it actually stirs up a feeling of anger inside me (yikes!)
- Snow that just won’t quit: the inches seem to come and go like a bad version of Groundhog’s Day
- Going on month 4 of bundling up and feeling like an overstuffed sausage
- My birthday is March 24, and I always assume (most often in the middle of January) that everything will literally be sunshine and roses…not quite this year
- The hardest one for me: clouds. for. days. The lack of vibrancy can be wearing.
Keeping a positive attitude, as any native-Minnesotan can most likely tell you, is a bit difficult at this point. But! Think about all the growth that IS happening that we cannot see yet. The flowers will blossom, the snow will melt and all this extra winter fuss will bring about even brighter skies and clearer hearts. I’m going to give gratitude to this little extra dose of “watering.” We will soon be fully restored and recharged!
So…I’ve decided something…
If spring won’t show up “on time,” I’ll make it springy around these parts!
How about a little color therapy with the official color of spring: GREEN!
Did you know that green is a balancing color? That means it is in the middle of the color spectrum and has equal parts calming and stimulating effect. It’s the most predominate color of nature, life, creation.
Let’s celebrate it!
So Tuesday through Friday of this week, I will be posting about different ways you can incorporate the magnificent color of spring and growth into our lives! Posts will feature recharging green recipes, guided meditation, ways to open that glorious green heart chakra of yours and more!
For now…a little affirmation for you:
I AM growing, thriving and vibrant. I will bloom at the perfect time and in harmony with everything that surrounds my peace-filled life.