Not sure how I came up with my new favorite go-to, keep-you-full, so-good-I-lick-the-bowl meal, but my tummy is sure happy I did!
Seriously, if this isn’t a crowd pleaser in your house, I don’t know what would be! OK…I guess you have to have a love-relationship with the concept of breakfast. Naturally, though, I don’t just make this for breakfast, I make it for dinner too! Or lunch if I’m really feeling sassy…
Here is the ultimate breakfast in a bowl…easy, breezy, and nutritionally balanced!
I N G R E D I E N T S
(makes 2 bowls…or 1 if you’re suuuuuper hungry!)
- 1/4 package hash browns (I get mine from Trader Joe’s
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tbs coconut oil (or olive oil or butter or anything greasy!
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 big handfuls organic spinach
F I X I N ‘ S
(to be divided between bowls!)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Generous dollops of your favorite salsa (I love the fresh *hot* salsa from Trader Joe’s)
- Again, another generous dollop of Greek yogurt
- A few dashes tabasco sauce — green or red!
- Optional: cheese…because…why not!?
D I R E C T I O N S
- Fry up your hashbrowns in 1 tbs coconut oil to your favorite consistency (I like mine a little chewy and crunchy!)
- I’m a less-is-more kinda gal when it comes to using pans and pots so I throw in the onions to make ’em sweat a little and the spinach to get it all wilty when the hashbrowns are about 3/4 way done to your liking — make it easy on yourself!
- The timing may take a few times to get it just right, but as this pan is working away…fry up your eggs (use the rest of the coconut oil) and hopefully both pans will be done around the same time!
Cooking…done! Now comes the easy part…
- Get your favorite bowl and start to layer…this is not a scientific process, so pile on as you like, but I usually go like this: hashbrowns (with the fixin’s), eggs, greek yogurt with a couple dashes tobasco, salsa (or tomatoes) and cheese if you desire.
- Mix away!
- Gobble up the goodness!