Fall = pumpkin everything.
I love pumpkin spice lattes, but at nearly $5 for 16 oz and 380 calories with 49 grams of sugar (woah!), I try not to have one as often as I would like.
So, one of my fall bucket list items this year was to make my very own pumpkin spice latte. And, I did!
The version I tried puts more of an emphasis on nutrition (enter: real pumpkin puree, tons of delicious and nutritious spices, and almond or coconut milk…your choice!).
Start with the ingredients…
Makes one 12 oz. pumpkin spice latte:
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee of your choice
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup half and half (for the creaminess)—of course, you can sub this and replace with more coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend (I made a heap of my own, just combine: cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and all spice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional…add a sweetener of your choice to your taste preference: sugar, agave, stevia, maple syrup, etc.
- Combine milks, pumpkin, spices, vanilla, and sweetener
- Option to either warm up this concoction via stovetop or pop in the microwave for 30-45 seconds
- Mix well with your coffee
- Editor’s note: you will notice that the spices won’t blend completely…keep a spoon handy
Now, take some time for yourself, sit back, sip, and enjoy!