Yep. It’s that time of year again. I’m off to the mountains. My husband, me, our trusty Rogue, and a slew of XM channels are off to western South Dakota and Wyoming. So if you don’t hear from me for a bit, you’ll know I’m happily entranced by the magic of the oldest mountains in the United States, the ones found in the Black Hills. I think I have a case of the “Fridays” already. Hah.
Oh and if you’re headed to the Black Hills area, check out 16 of my favorite things to do there.
Thought I’d share some of the goodies I’m taking with me. . .
And I’d love to know what you bring with on your mountain/road trip getaway! Sound off in the comments below.
- Herbal All Terrain bug repellent
- Badger sunscreen
- My favorite pair of Levi’s
- A chambray shirt because you can never have too much denim
- Aviators — a mountain must!
- My go-to road trip snacks (oh and I’m adding some simple, but killer, rotisserie chicken sammies! my FAVE!)
- Oh and, these new yummy (and moderately better for you) treats, Unjunked Candy! I love the “Snickers” bar ones.
- Pacifica Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes! Yummy smelling + feeling!
- The Power of Intention to kick back and melt into after a long day hiking and biking
- Moccasins to kick around town in
- This cute glass water bottle to stay hydrated
- A little notebook to write down the ever-entertaining things we come up with and want to remember