This is one of the easiest and most hunger-curbing meals I make. And, I have a tendency to make it a lot. Because it is quick, healthy and here’s a plus: very easily customizable for you and your family’s taste!
I also think that lentils make for a great “carb” substitute. I pretend it is pasta or quinoa and add the same type of ingredients. It’s much more filling too!
Disclaimer: I rock an iPhone 3GS — old school baby! So the photos I take (mostly of food) turn out a little sub par. Even with the not-so-pretty-picture, I promise it tastes much better!
Here are your ingredients. . .
- 1 package pre-cooked lentils (I get mine from Trader Joe’s). . .dried to cooked lentils works just fine too
- 1 large sweet potato, grated
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 bag frozen peas
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ready for the easiest instructions ever?
- Get one big ol’ saute pan ready
- Fry up your turkey bacon and set aside
- After your pan cools for a few minutes, add the olive oil
- Saute onions, spinach, frozen peas and grated sweet potato until tender
- Add your lentils (you just need to warm them up)
- Add turkey bacon, crumbled or cut
What are your favorite lentil recipes?