Sweet summertime is here and I’m ready to road trip!
Most of you know what a road trip lover I am, so I thought I’d share my favorite go-to road trip snacks. These picks are custom tailored for that health nut that also knows the value of a diet rich in chocolate!
Grab your grocery list, a reliable cooler, and get your crave-worthy and energizing road warrior snack on!
Before I put the pour onto the open road, I always have a green smoothie of some sort. I’m kind of a nut about getting my greens in, because it can be especially hard when you’re road warrior-ing! This is my usual go-to.
Here’s what I typically pack in my cooler for quick bites to keep me and the family energized, happy, and satisfied!
- Mandarin oranges — fresh, zippy, and a natural energizer
- Broccoli spears — keeps hunger at bay due to it’s high fiber content, and chock full of great green goodness!
- Cucumber slices — high water content keeps you hydrated and add a little hummus and you’re golden, baby!
- Blueberries (or any type of easily poppable fruit) — get your antioxidants and naturally sweet treat right here!
- Banana bread (I have a great recipe here!) — this is uber satisfying if you’re craving something starchy. Which, let’s be honest, I always am!
- Kale chips — more greens comin’ atcha!
- Nut Thins — These are salty, crunchy, and a totally nummy (and healthy) alternative to chips or crackers.
- Power Berries — Everyone needs a little chocolate on a road trip, I like to pretend that these have a little more health benefit than the typical gas station stop chocolate!
- Buffalo jerky (or any kind you prefer) — Protein is important for hunger management and what’s a road trip without jerky or some sort?
- Greek yogurt — More protein! Just be sure to keep your cooler cool and have a few spoons handy! Satisfies that creamy treat need too.
What are your go-to road trip snacks? How to you stay healthy but still have fun during life on the highway?